Foreign Policy Research Institute, with the organisational assistance of the Directorate-General for Rendering Services to Diplomatic Missions, has the honour to invite you to the roundtable open for foreign diplomatic missions, leading Ukrainian media, and expert community representatives titled “Reintegration of the Population of the De-Occupied Territories of Donbas and Crimea into Ukraine: Rights and Citizenship”. The roundtable will take place on 23 February 2023 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:15 а.m. in the GDIP Media Center, Kyiv, 6-А Pyrohova St.
The roundtable will feature the following issues to discuss:
- national and international legal aspects of reintegration: law and practice;
- social aspect of the population of the de-occupied territories: supporters of Ukraine, occupiers, and sympathisers of russia;
- transitional period and transitional justice: amnesty and lustration, extradition and the right to truth;
- legal aspects of reintegration;
- social guarantees and humanitarian rights;
- transitional administrations and political and administrative issues;
- economic recovery of the liberated territories;
- regional peculiarities: the cases of Donbas and Crimea.
Moderator: Hryhorii PEREPELYTSIA, Captain 1st rank, Ukrainian political scientist, international conflict expert, Director of the Foreign Policy Research Institute, Doctor of Political Science, Full Professor.
- Anatoliy STELMAKH, Deputy Minister for Reintegration of the Temporarily Occupied Territories of Ukraine;
- Mykola SIRYI, senior researcher of the Koretsky Institute of State and Law of National Academy of Science of Ukraine;
- Oleh DUNDA, people’s deputy of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine of the 9th convocation (2019), member of the Committee on the Organisation of State Power, Local Self-Government, Regional Development, and Urban Planning
- Denys KAZANSKYI, a well-known Ukrainian blogger, journalist and author of political rewievs, former Ukrainian representative in the Trilateral Contact Group for the peaceful settlement of the situation in eastern Ukraine (since June 2020), author of books about Donbas: Black Fever and How Ukraine Lost Donbas;
- Serhii MOKRENIUK, Head of the NGO “Regional Centre for Humanitarian Rights”, former employee of the Ministry for Reintegration of the Temporarily Occupied Territories of Ukraine, Ukrainian of Crimean origin;
- Volodymyr TARCHYNSKY, Head of the Information Policy Department of the Ministry for Reintegration of the Temporarily Occupied Territories of Ukraine;
Event languages: Ukrainian with simultaneous interpretation into English.
The event will be run in a combined online and offline format.
Details for online participation:
Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89453935682?pwd=QjExQ0F0S1IwVStlemU2MzZ5cU9PQT09
Identifier: 894 5393 5682